Starting Over--

Shalom Ya'all!

Oops! Starting over with a modified address due to a mix up with the Google accounts! There is probably a reason why I don't normally DO blogs! Still seems confusing to me.

In any event, time is moving on quickly and both Elder Peter and I are working against the clock it seems to get ready in time.

If you got my email today, you know about the wonderful additions in donations that are filling the extra suitcase. I am so glad to be able to bring encouragement in practical ways as well as relationally and spiritually! I have discovered another artist among us. Carol J. from the U.P. sent some knit hats and beautiful paintings, the work of her hands. Jann's worship banner arrived safely, apparently having gotten out of Arkansas ahead of the storm. If I can, I will try to attach some pictures soon! The beautiful scarves and stuffed animals arrived from Theresa in Texas, also ahead of the storm, thankfully!

Four more days, and one of them is a joyful Shabbat to anticipate before getting on the plane away from all of this snow!

Thanks for your patience through my blog mix up...
More to come, Yeshua willing!

watching and praying,
Barb

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

3 Days until Departure!

Shalom everyone!

A few more steps taken today toward departure including picking up this and that at the store...little things like lithium batteries to keep the camera working at just the right time it might be needed...say when a lion or a giraffe is in eyesight.

I found a gadget to include Nairobi weather here but it uses html code and Rachel can't quite figure out where to insert it...and I certainly don't know!  So until somebody figures it out, it can be found here: Weather

All 200 toothbrushes arrived today as did the beautiful praise banner and paintings and scarves. I have asked Bob, our expert packer, to make as much of it fit into the extra (FREE) suitcase as possible.  (I learned it would be an additional $100 fee to take one more suitcase, so I expect that anything that doesn't fit will have to travel by mail separately.)

I think everyone who is going to do so has sent in their words of support and encouragement that I am incorporating into one letter to send with a picture of us all to each of the 12 assemblies.  I just need to figure out another new thing for me, and send out the digital pic to get it printed somewhere. This is good! Learning keeps the brain working better.

I found an interesting DVD and ordered it while doing some background research on Kenya.  It is entitled "Nowhere in Africa" and is about a German Jewish family who left Germany during the holocaust years to live in Kenya.  It should arrive here after I have left so maybe Bob and Rachel will have a movie night?






I am so thankful that Janell and Brian are ready and willing to cover all needs in SAM while I am gone; as well as being thankful that our local Marsha has been able to take over preparation of worship music, even covering me this week and my first week back. I have just been remembering how it was when I left to go to Florida for an international conference during Hurricane Frances in 2004. I had an opportunity to speak at the pre-conference with fellowship leaders from all over the world so in spite of the weather saying the hurricane MIGHT make landfall, I understood I was to go and speak.  AFTER I got there, it was confirmed that the hurricane would come over Orlando; and I could no longer get a flight out.  Seemed funny in a way that I and the several hundred people who still attended the conference were heading south while everybody else was heading north!  I spent some anxious hours fearing what a hurricane experience might be like, until I understood in prayer that I was to just " do what you came to do!"  Well that settled it.  I spoke to the small pre-conference group, and then spent a wonderful few days in worship under the most trying of circumstances, finding confidence in knowing that the safest place to be is where our Elohim tells you to be!

Some of you may remember that some SAM people then were angry with me for taking this risk?  I remember, too, the excitement we all experienced when we realized it was a growing trust thing for all of us; Praise Yeshua! Perhaps it was indeed a preparation for such a time as this...and maybe even the hoped for visit to India as well...and whatever else will befall us as the world slides further into darkness.  Now, there doesn't seem to be any serious issues with concern, other than what would be normal for going to Africa and we are all pretty much united in the confidence that Messiah will equip us for what He asks of us. It is so joyful when people are growing and well able to work together in all that is needed.

That old song has been on my mind and I DID find it on Youtube, of course.  Remember this one?
Please don't send me to Africa! I never in a hundred years thought I'd be going to Africa either..It's a good thing that God knows!

Kenya Travel Destinations, Kenya Travel Guide, Tourist Places in Kenya, Travel to Kenya, Kenya Tourism
Nairobi, Travel Nairobi, Kenya Nairobi Travel, Nairobi in Kenya, Nairobi Travel Tours
So here I am, getting ready to go to Kenya "sooner rather than later" to encourage and support our brothers and sisters who are in Messiah Yeshua there. Hineni, Adonai!  May His Name be praised in it all!

watching and praying,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snow

Snow
Snowy De Pere a few days before departure!