Starting Over--

Shalom Ya'all!

Oops! Starting over with a modified address due to a mix up with the Google accounts! There is probably a reason why I don't normally DO blogs! Still seems confusing to me.

In any event, time is moving on quickly and both Elder Peter and I are working against the clock it seems to get ready in time.

If you got my email today, you know about the wonderful additions in donations that are filling the extra suitcase. I am so glad to be able to bring encouragement in practical ways as well as relationally and spiritually! I have discovered another artist among us. Carol J. from the U.P. sent some knit hats and beautiful paintings, the work of her hands. Jann's worship banner arrived safely, apparently having gotten out of Arkansas ahead of the storm. If I can, I will try to attach some pictures soon! The beautiful scarves and stuffed animals arrived from Theresa in Texas, also ahead of the storm, thankfully!

Four more days, and one of them is a joyful Shabbat to anticipate before getting on the plane away from all of this snow!

Thanks for your patience through my blog mix up...
More to come, Yeshua willing!

watching and praying,
Barb

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 6 To Naivasha

Well, we set out in good time and made good time today.  I would have to say that the road turning off the main road to get to the Naivasha building was rather like Brian’s hidden entrance to Pagel’s north!
(Oh! I forgot to tell you that that when the elders read our letters to the community yesterday, they pronounced it PaGEL.  Which I think was the original?)


Today, the driveway was wider dirt and only some rocks and small crevasses but as it was uphill and hard on the car the backseat passengers got out to walk the last quarter mile or so.

Again, they insisted I ride. You can see them way off in the distance, or zoom in!


I took a few pictures of this church, but again, the connection is slow and I am only able to load a few. This one has some kind of chalk whitewash on the walls that brushes off on your clothing.  The iron work on these windows are menorahs!  Peter had said they really hadn't thought much about the menorah, but now!  They will have lots to think about whenever they look at these menorahs and the one on the Israeli flag they have.
Samuel, driver on left, and Francis/Chege on right outside the building.


I had hoped to visit longer with John Ezekiel from Tanzania, but he got an urgent call that his son had been killed in some kind of motorcycle accident so he was back on his way home immediately.  Peter said they had had time to have a long talk last night before the call came. Since they had been out of touch for some time when John lost his cell phone, with all of his contact numbers, they were just reunited recently by a mutual friend. (John has all the numbers in two places now!)
Francis/chege seems to be a quiet thoughtful sort of man, and it almost seems as though the group of people here may be more quiet as well. Of course, once they came to praise time and got the drums going, the place was rocking.  Interesting that they do see the difference between praise and worship, too, as we do!  The praise ones are the ones with the drums while the worship ones are much quieter. At least that is what I see so far!
He told me to speak about whatever the Spirit led me to say.  This seems easier if one is just going to make a few comments, which are always good sound teachings as I’ve heard so far.  But when they are so hungry and want to “go deep”  it is a little harder!  I prayed and gave it a try. Spoke about the connection between the first and second Exodus journeys.  They were very quiet and Peter said they had never seen that before, but Francis one of the elders was elated!  He said it is a perfect fit…and was able to list several parallels right away.  “That’s just the way my mind works.” He apologized.  No apology necessary!  Praise Yeshua! And Francis/Chege said it was so delightful and exciting to feel that the Scriptures were being opened up to him in his mind in a way he hadn’t seen before. I told me we all feel exactly the same way!

Interesting note: I was explaining the beit  "house" connection when they all started laughing.  Peter didn't translate for me then, but when I asked later, he said that in their tradition the man must always face the door so they saw the same thing.   I noticed too, that a lot of times, the women sit on one side and the men on the other, though everyone says it is not a "must."  I think I will be exploring what other traditions they might have that could very well go back to their original Hebrew roots!
A quick ride home through the tea plantations brought us home in time to briefly see Victor, as I wrote earlier…and now you are up to date.

I have been able to downsize a number of pictures and am loading them now.    

Praise to Yeshua Who has indeed called His people from every tribe and tongue and nation.  Here is proof! He has indeed called people from every tribe and tongue and nation!

  Despite our differences, and the fact that I have not seen even one white face since we left the airport in Nairobi, I am at ease in the presence of fellow believers! Though I still don’t know who is more surprised—Kenya’s about American Messianics or vice versa!
Be blessed!
Barb

1 comment:

  1. Barb, it is very moving to read more confirmation that this truly is a move of the Almighty...across the whole world...believers repenting and coming into Torah. We are family in this faith, so wonderful to 'meet' them all through you and your blog!

    Know (in the sense of da'at)in the body of Messiah and His will, that you and they are covered and lifted in prayer by many who read your blog...whether or not they comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Snow

Snow
Snowy De Pere a few days before departure!