Starting Over--

Shalom Ya'all!

Oops! Starting over with a modified address due to a mix up with the Google accounts! There is probably a reason why I don't normally DO blogs! Still seems confusing to me.

In any event, time is moving on quickly and both Elder Peter and I are working against the clock it seems to get ready in time.

If you got my email today, you know about the wonderful additions in donations that are filling the extra suitcase. I am so glad to be able to bring encouragement in practical ways as well as relationally and spiritually! I have discovered another artist among us. Carol J. from the U.P. sent some knit hats and beautiful paintings, the work of her hands. Jann's worship banner arrived safely, apparently having gotten out of Arkansas ahead of the storm. If I can, I will try to attach some pictures soon! The beautiful scarves and stuffed animals arrived from Theresa in Texas, also ahead of the storm, thankfully!

Four more days, and one of them is a joyful Shabbat to anticipate before getting on the plane away from all of this snow!

Thanks for your patience through my blog mix up...
More to come, Yeshua willing!

watching and praying,
Barb

Monday, February 14, 2011

Incredible day with elders

Shalom everyone!

Well, plans change as we go along.  I have been enjoying meeting people in various places, however, it seems it is just a quick greeting and we are on our way again. I asked Peter yesterday morning if we could just meet with the elders who best understand English as I'd really like the chance to talk with them with translation as needed both ways! Rather hard to do in the car!
He agreed and within hours they were all there!  I had 3 hours time for praise and prayer and was well prepared by Abba for this time.  We spoke of life model things, community, shepherding, and what it means to be part of grafted in Israel.  Their knowledge of Scripture people, places and events is so deep and solid, so that hearing  thematic and chiastic study tools just opens doors in their understanding by leaps and bounds!
We talked for 4 hours, took a break, and some had to leave but others, as above, stayed until about 9:30. Inthis picture I disturbed them from looking over our Pesach Believers Haggadah long enough to take a picture!  They are very interested to have a copy of what we do and to try it!  Since it was raining much of the day it was thought that th eroads wouldn't be good for travel this morning so we';e probably meet again!
Though physically tired I was blessed!

No body came by early and I learned they had all overslept, but today Peter says we are to go sightseeing in Nairobi because it is "not possible to let you teach 14 days straight. We have to have some balance."


So Francis, the one with the grey beard, has accompanied me once again to the cyber cafe so I can share this report with you.

and off to Nairobi we go!



There is so much to say that now I am looking foward to being with you in person to share more!
watching and praying in Messiah!
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snow

Snow
Snowy De Pere a few days before departure!